본문 바로가기
자유게시판

Musings on Markets

페이지 정보

Erick Rider 23-03-06 16:03 view224 Comment0

본문

Great submit simplifying what bitcoin is and does, Professor. Just a simple question: Say I am a car dealer, and suppose if I used to be to simply accept 10 bitcoins for a selected automobile, would the value of these 10 bitcoins change with the change in price on the alternate? 25000 dollars right this moment, but if there's no certainty as to what it is value tomorrow, why on the earth would this be a respectable currency?

Very informative and concise rationalization of cryptocurrencies. So far as I can tell, the principle beneficiaries of cryptocurrency transactions are those who try to avoid the regulation. Possibly that isn't a nasty factor if you reside overseas in a tyrannical dictatorship, crypto markets continue to fall but not by much but right here in America, why would I need to get my cash intertwined in a snake pit of people making an attempt to keep away from the law (together with these trying to avoid taxes).

That doesn't sound very safe in any respect. I'll follow my US dollars, thanks. Jay, I consider he addresses that in the worth volatility paragraph.

Quick answer is, you are right. The "value" of the bit coins would change and that's a factor to why it's not a official currency at present. I believe there is another difficulty holding again the acceptance of Bitcoin (and different cryptos) as a currency: Essentially no one has BTC-denominated liabilities.

For any fiat currency, basically all people has fiat-denominated liabilities -- when their tax bill comes due, if nothing else. With out BTC liabilities, there isn't any strong driver of mass crypto-currency adoption within the close to-time period. I believe that until we see a robust crypto credit market develop (even if that credit is just "I owe my landlord 1 BTC at the end of the month"), crypto currencies will stay a speculative instrument slightly than a currency.

This may also be learn as a extra bullish case for ETH as a currency, in that a small quantity of individuals do have ETH-denominated liabilities, since it costs ETH to run sensible contracts on the ETH blockchain.

Jay brings up an amazing level. Professor, have you appeared into Ripple (XRP)? Its present use case is essentially in international cross-currency funds. Transaction, not trading, talk: From creators and proponents of the currency, you'll hear less speak about how a lot money you would make by buying and selling the currency and crypto-markets more on its efficacy in transactions.

Transaction, not trading, features: The design of the crypto currency will give attention to creating options that make it attractive as a currency (for transactions), not as investments. Your argument applies to each currency then. How are you positive that those 25,000 USD can have the exact same purchasing energy tomorrow? BTC is just extremely volatile in comparison with others and which may be the reason you do not want to sell your car for it.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

상단으로